HOW TO: Chopping
Great Meals Start with Great Knife Skills
- Chef’s knife or Santoku-style knife
- Wood cutting board for cooked chicken, vegetables, herbs
- Plastic cutting board for raw chicken
- Wet paper towels underneath the board for stability
What & When
- A chop is a uniformly sized chunk cut used for casseroles, soups and on top of salads.
- A rough chop means you can be less consistent in size; simply cut as needed.
- A chop cut is usually ½- to ¾-inch in size.
Ensure doneness with a meat thermometer.
Refrigerate any leftover chicken or turkey immediately and use within 3-5 days.