Perdue's Blog The Table
Turn Mealtime into Muffin Mania!
If you think it, you can make it—in a muffin tin! You can turn almost anything into a bite-sized meal or itty-bitty appetizers for when you crave a little change in perspective.
Here are some fun ideas to think about when creating your mini menus.
Not just for muffins, a muffin tin can hold everything from eggs to granola. Here are a few ideas.
- Bacon-Wrapped Frittata
- Line each of your muffin cups with a slice of bacon, fill them with a mixture of beaten eggs and cheese, and bake them until the bacon is crisp and the eggs are set
- Hash Browns and Eggs
- Press store-bought hash browns into the muffin cups, fill them with beaten eggs and chopped tomatoes, and bake them until the hash browns are crisp and the eggs are set
- Muffin Cup Granola
- Mix store-bought granola with honey, press the mixture into the muffin cups, bake them until set, and fill them with yogurt and fresh fruit
- Mini Chicken and Cheddar Cheese Omelet
- Mix together cooked shredded chicken, cheddar cheese and beaten eggs, pour the mixture into the muffin cups and bake them
Not only are these muffin meals great for lunch, but they’re also a perfect snack for a movie night or to feed to a crowd during a big game.
- Chicken Corn Bread Muffins
- Mix together cooked shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, green onions and cheddar cheese; line the muffin cups with corn bread batter; and pour the mixture into the muffin cups, then bake them
- Muffin Chicken Nachos
- Line the muffin cups with wonton wrappers, fill them with taco-seasoning and cooked ground chicken and cheddar cheese, and bake them until heated through, then top them with salsa
- Bite-sized Buffalo Chicken Mac n’ Cheese
- Fill the muffin cups with chopped cooked chicken and premade macaroni and cheese, then bake them
Dinner in a cup…you bet! It’s a complete meal all in one bite.
- Mini Chicken Taco Bowls
- Line the muffin cups with flour tortillas; fill them with shredded cooked chicken and salsa; bake them until heated through; and top them with cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes
- Mini Deep Dish Chicken Pizza
- Line the muffin cups with pizza dough, fill them with shredded cooked chicken mixed with pizza sauce and pepperoni, top them with shredded mozzarella, and bake them until pizza dough is cooked and chicken is heated through
- Mini Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
- Mix together ground chicken, peas and carrots; pour the mixture into the muffin cups; top them with mashed potatoes; and bake them until the chicken is cooked through
- Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf Bites
- Mix together ground turkey, cooked quinoa, garlic, ketchup, mustard, beaten egg, and salt and pepper; pour the mixture into the muffin cups and press a cube of cheddar cheese into the center of each one; top them with crushed fried onions; and bake them until the turkey is cooked through
- Muffin Chicken Burgers
- Line the muffin cups with hamburger buns; fill them with ground chicken, ketchup and cheddar cheese; bake them until the chicken is cooked through; and top them with pickles and chopped tomato