Great for tacos, chili and other favorites.
- Hand or stand mixer
Choose Your Cooking Method
How you plan to use your chicken will influence how you choose to cook it.
Start with a whole chicken or parts, shred or pull after cooking.
- Poach it in a pot
- Choose this path for chicken salad or any dish where you’ll add more flavor afterwards.
- Cover the chicken with water or chicken stock, add salt and pepper to season as needed.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-high and cook for about 1 hour.
- Sauce it in a slow cooker
- The moisture comes from the sauce, such as a classic bar-b-que.
- Blend with sauce. No need for water or stock.
- Cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Roast it low and slow in the oven
- This technique is ideal for when you’re cooking for a main meal and leftovers.
- The juices in the bird will keep it moist enough for shredding or pulling.
- Shred any leftover sections and pick the bird clean.
Ensure doneness with a meat thermometer.
Refrigerate any leftover chicken or turkey immediately and use within 3-5 days.