3 days before
If your poultry is frozen, begin thawing now. For a refresher, view our Safe Thawing Tips.
2 days before
Buy any fresh foods you need and start prepping.
- Buy perishables—fresh turkey or chicken, fruits and veggies, dairy products, etc.
- Begin desserts—make pie crust, wrap tightly and refrigerate. Prepare filling and store properly.
- Peel and slice veggies, seal tightly and refrigerate.
- Make salad dressings.
- Start side dish prep—slice bread into cubes for stuffing and organize ingredients for pasta, rice or vegetable side dishes.
- Find delicious Side-Dish Inspiration.
1 day before
Set the table and prepare the desserts.
- Set the table, arrange flowers or centerpieces and set out serving utensils (this is where the kids can be your helpers).
- Bake any remaining desserts, like brownies, cakes or tarts. Cool and cover.