The most celebrated mathematical constant, pi, or 3.14159, is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter. So it’s only fitting that every March 14, we celebrate the formula that gave us the wheel, the baseball and the PIE!
Here are some ways to celebrate.
- Make and eat pi-themed foods, such as:
- Play pi games.
- Have a pie-eating contest
- Have a pi scavenger hunt and find round or circular objects
- See who can memorize the most pi digits 3.141592653589…pi is actually infinite, so the more the merrier!
- Walk or run 3.14 miles.
- Fundraise by picking a worthy cause and selling slices of pizza or pie for $3.14.
- Write 3.14 on a piece of paper, then hold it up to a mirror—the reflection looks like PIE!
- Take a moment to acknowledge pi at 1:59:26 p.m. on Pi Day—that time contains the next 5 digits of pi.