Summer's almost here, and you know what that means. Hot days, cold drinks, no school, beach trips...No matter what you have planned for this summer, we know the last thing you want to do during the week is waste those precious extra hours of daylight making dinner.
Sunday Fun Day Meal Prep: 3 Delicious Summer Dishes
Take some time this Sunday to prep some tasty meals ahead of time. Here's what we're going to make:
Pick up these 11 ingredients from the grocery store:
- PERDUE® PERFECT PORTIONS® Chicken Breasts
- Red Bell Pepper
- Pine Nuts
- Mozzarella Pearls
- Fresh Herbs (Cilantro, Basil, Thyme, Parsley)
Use these pointers to make your meal prep even easier:
- Grill all of your chicken breasts first. Check out these super-simple tips and you'll be the master of the grill in no time.
- While chicken is grilling, start prepping your other ingredients. Spiralize zucchini, chop tomatoes, peppers and onions, make dressings, and cook your quinoa.
- Make your gazpacho next so it has time to chill (we all need time to chill, okay).
- Mix together the veggies and other ingredients for the ratatouille and grilled caprese salad. Store in separate containers from the chicken breast and toss together right before you're ready to eat.
- Enjoy! We suggest having your caprese salad on Monday, ratatouille on Tuesday and gazpacho on Wednesday (but we won't judge if you have them all today).