Let's be honest. There's only one thing better than a tasty home-cooked meal—a tasty home-cooked meal that requires little to no cleanup. Save these one-pot recipes for the nights you're on dish duty, and thank us later.
One-Dish Meals for Hassle-Free Cleanup
Things You Need to Know
- Use PERDUE® Chicken Thighs for all of your recipes
- Use chicken bouillon granules or cubes to make your own chicken stock.
- You can find a variety of fresh herb blends, like poultry blend, hanging in the herb section of your produce department. Use a box of your choice to make your Herbed Dumplings.
- Many times you can substitute dried herbs for fresh...just use 1/3 the amount of dried for fresh in the recipe.
- Don't have buttermilk? Just add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Use regular white mushrooms in place of cremini in your Braised Chicken Cacciatore.
Here's Your Shopping List
Chicken (the best part)
Fruits and Veggies
- 1 large box mushrooms
- 2 green peppers
- 3 medium onions
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 box of a fresh herb blend
- 1 bunch green onions
- ½ pound pre-cooked turkey sausage
- 1 jar chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
Things you probably already have on hand
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Baking powder
- Vegetable shortening
Print your shopping list now»