There's no excuse for being without fresh herbs. They fit in tiny pots, pack a flavorful punch and double as chic windowsill décor. You'll never know when a sprig of mint or a few cilantro leaves will come in handy.
- Thyme: Thyme and chicken are a power pair. Having some fresh thyme on hand means you're one step closer to a flavorful roast chicken dinner. Try this Sunday Dinner Easy Roast Chicken.
- Basil: You can't have pesto without basil—and who doesn't love pesto? This herb is key in 99% of Italian dishes. Try this Grilled Chicken Panzanella.
- Cilantro: Quesadillas. Tacos. Burritos. Salads. Not convinced yet? Check out these Quinoa Lime Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- Mint: Mint is great for creating crisp flavor in beverages like mojitos and recipes like these Turkey Pita Sliders. Also, mojitos.
- You'll need a sunny spot, potting soil and tiny decorative pots to get started.
- As a general rule, if a recipe calls for dried herbs (lame), use 2–3 times the amount of fresh herbs.