Root vegetables are any type of veggie where the part that grows underground is the part we eat. Root vegetables can be stored for long periods, which is one of the reasons why they're so popular in fall and winter. Root vegetables are delicious. Root vegetables are your friend.
Here are some of the root veggies we can't get enough of:
- Sweet Potatoes: Packed with vitamins, nutrients and sweet flavor, sweet potatoes are a go-to for fall dishes. They might even be better than regular potatoes. Convince yourself with this unforgettable Roasted Sweet Potato and Ginger Puree.
- Fennel: Kind of like parsley. Kind of like an onion. Totally delicious. Give it a try and see what you've been missing in this perfectly savory Pancetta Roast Chicken with Fennel Stuffing.
- Beets: Don't fear the beet. It's a super awesome, super tasty ingredient. Test your beet prep skills with this unbelievably easy Roasted Chicken and Root Vegetables recipe.
- Onions: Add flavor to literally anything. For an awesome dinner, try these hearty Harvest Flats.
- Carrots: Super good. Super good for you. We love raw carrots, but we love roasted ones even more. They star in this supper staple, Sunday Dinner Easy Roast Chicken.