Beer Can Chicken
Fresh, free range whole chicken with giblets.
|Serving Size: 4oz (112g)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Cal. from Fat 150|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Total Carbs 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Vitamin A 15%|
|Vitamin C 4%|
Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave. Cook thoroughly.
• Preheat oven to 425ºF. Remove giblets and visible fat, and rinse chicken under cool water; pat dry with paper towels.
• Rub skin with 2-3 tablespoons of oil or butter, if desired. Season inside and out with salt and pepper. If desired, fold back wings and tie legs together.
• Place chicken, breast-side up, in shallow roasting pan. Roast 30 minutes.
• Reduce heat to 375ºF and cook about 30-40 minutes longer, until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a fork, and a meat thermometer registers 180ºF in the thickest part of the thigh. Baste occasionally, if desired.
• If glazing, brush on last 15 minutes.
See package for grilling instructions.