HOW TO: Seasoning
Great Flavor is at Your Fingertips
- Plastic wrap
- Large bowl
- Small ingredient bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
Setup & Techniques
- Use a chef’s knife or grinder to finely chop any fresh ingredients.
- Check dried herbs and spices and discard those past the use-by date; they won’t spoil, but their flavor will fade.
- A dry rub is a mix of spices and/or chopped dry herbs.
- Adding water, vinegar or wine turns a dry rub into a paste.
- Plain kosher or sea salt is also an excellent rub and ensures a juicy result.
- Apply by sprinkling over chicken, and then rubbing into the skin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours to infuse flavor.
Ensure doneness with a meat thermometer.
Refrigerate any leftover chicken immediately & use within 3-5 days.