HOW TO: Carving
Master the First Step in Good Presentation
- Chef's knife or carving knife
- Carving fork
- Cutting board
- Serving platter
- Paper towels
Let it Rest
- Give a roasted bird 10-15 minutes at room temperature:
- To ensure peak flavor by letting the juices settle back into the chicken or turkey. Carve too soon and they’ll run out.
- So that it cools off enough to handle.
- The wait is worth it when you treat yourself to the “oysters,” tender chunks of meat tucked behind each thigh.
Ensure doneness with a meat thermometer.
Refrigerate any leftover chicken or turkey immediately and use within 3-5 days.