Please review the following guidelines before submitting your request.
In order to manage the many inquiries we receive, all requests for financial support must be submitted online. Requests are reviewed on a quarterly basis.
To ensure sufficient time for us to review your request and to process the grant should your application be approved, please submit your request at least 90 days in advance of when the funds are needed. In fairness to all applicants, we are unable to process "rush" requests.
Non-profit, tax-exempt status
Our contributions are limited to programs and events that are nonprofit and tax-exempt.
- We can only consider requests from organizations that have IRS 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations requesting support must provide a Tax Payer Identification number and must be able to submit, upon request, a copy of the IRS letter affirming the organization's tax-exempt status.
Where we provide support
Our charitable giving programs are designed to support organizations and programs that benefit the communities where large numbers of our associates live and work.
- We will consider requests from organizations based in the states of Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
- Preference will be given to the programs in the communities in and around our major facilities.
What we support
We believe in putting our resources where there is direct benefit to a broad-based spectrum of the community.
- We strive to strengthen our communities by focusing our efforts on education, agriculture, the environment, health and social services, public safety and fighting hunger and poverty.
- We also support events that celebrate the heritages and cultures of our communities.
- We may give additional preference to organizations in which our associates have direct involvement, but the over-arching consideration is the betterment of the community.
- We typically do not provide additional funds to organizations we already support through a local United Way campaign.
- So that we can focus on these objectives, we are unable to consider requests:
- From service, fraternal or veterans organizations
- From churches or organizations associated with particular religious denominations
- From political action or lobbying groups
- To aid a single individual or family
- To sponsor an individual or team
- To support a participatory fund-raising event, such as a team walk, golf tournament or banquet
If you believe your request meets the guidelines above, submit your request online.